Welcome to the worst ink I have ever used - Private Reserve Fast Dry Ultra Black. I didn't even bother writing a longer review, because this ink does not deserve the frustration required to mess with it. I tried this ink in a Pelikan M205, a Noodler's Piston Filler, and a Pilot Varsity. It has been just one problem after another. I am going to give this ink away in case someone wants to use it for art, blending, for dip pens - whatever. I just don't want it around anymore. Even if it didn't have flow issues, which is a huge understatement, this ink is not at all a fast dry ink. If you try to use it on cheaper paper, it just bleeds all over. If you use it on Rhodia, or another top tier brand, it will take over a solid minute to really start drying. I would have to say that this is my least favorite ink, ever.
Notice the skipping (because it will quickly dry in the nib and feed, just not on the paper) in this image. I do have to add that I also have Private Reserve American Blue, which is one of the greatest inks I have used. It just seems like this one is a
nightmare undesirable ink. Because I don't want anyone to hate me for unloading this ink on them, I will also throw in some other goodies (all of which are new, except for the Private Reserve) for this giveaway. The winner of the giveaway will get:
- (1) Nearly full bottle of Private Reserve Fast Dry Ultra Black ink
- (2) Staples Durapoint pens (plastic tip, similar to a Sharpie Pen)
- (1) Unsharpened Field Notes pencil
- (1) Uniball Vision Elite .8mm Blue-Black pen
Rules for the giveaway:
- You can get one vote by leaving a comment. You may only vote once via commenting.
- If you become a public follower of Economy Pens, you will get a second vote. Just leave a comment on this posting that you have become a follower so I can factor your second vote into the drawing.
- I will be letting this giveaway go until Friday, March 17th, at 11:59pm, CST. The winner of the giveaway will be posted on Saturday, March 18th.
- Shipping will only be available to U.S. residents. I do not mean to exclude international visitors, but finances are fairly limited for the time being.
Please contact me if you have any questions.