Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bic Ultra Round Stic Grip - Black and Green






I am not going to add much to this review. My thoughts are basically that Bic ballpoints serve a purpose, and I'd rather see someone using one of these than boycotting paper and pen altogether. Bic ballpoints are fairly reliable, easy to acquire, and, most importantly, they are cheap enough for everyone to acquire. They are the peoples' pen. I do say that generic ballpoints are going a bit far (Why buy a 12-pack for 39 cents only to find that most of them do not work?). 

I bought a bunch of affordable school supplies to donate, which I recommend if you have a few dollars to spare; there are many great deals during Back to School season at the big box stores, and a little bit of money can go a long way in getting kids some of the essentials. 



4 comments:

  1. This brings up one of my issues with cheap pens, specifically that they are disposable even if they are not out of ink. It just bothers me, but I would rather have people continue writing than leaving paper and pen altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - I completely agree. I would say that it just makes more sense to go with fountain pens, because you can get so much life out of them with minimal waste, but I end up buying additional pens, which might defeat the whole argument. ::shrug::

    ReplyDelete
  3. What annoys me about the color versions of these pens is that the ink tends to be a little too light, especially the purple and green. I like to color code my notes/study materials and my eyes hate me after a few hours haha.

    Love your blog! Didn't realize there were so many people out there as obsessed/particular about pens as I am lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. natalie647 - I completely agree; they look very faded. I recommend trying some of the Uniball Jetstream colors - they are vibrant, consistent, and smooth.

    And yes, there are many of us out there. I highly recommended checking out the links on my blog roll. You will fund hundreds of such pages. :)

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete